In case the canon printer begins to turn off accidentally or repeatedly, you may have changed its turn-off problem setting mistakenly. There’s not a big reason for making your printer model turn off and turn on without informing or anything. But, if you have got this problem, then here this article tells some settings which you can change to solve this issue.
If you have saved a setting from turning off the canon printer automatically after some time, you need a change in this setting.
Disable Automatic Printer Turn Off Setting
There are two methods to disable the setting:
- From computer/laptop device.
- From Canon printer operation panel.
Before you change the printer settings by doing disable from a PC/laptop, you should have a Canon IJ Printer Assistant Tool in your system.
Installing Canon IJ printer Assistant Tool
Canon IJ Printer Assistant Tool is downloaded automatically when you download MP drivers on your system. In case you install MP drivers for the Canon Printer, the tool will be installed itself.
- Firstly, you can put the CD-ROM shipped with a canon printer or download MP drivers from the Canon support site.
- After that, double-click on the downloaded file icon to start the installation.
- Take the appropriate and follow the guide shown on the installation screen.
- Afterward, when the additional drivers come, install them as well as run the Canon IJ Printer Assistant Tool on your PC.
To Disable the Setting from Pc/laptop Device
If you have already installed the Canon IJ Printer Assistant Tool, follow the given steps below:-
- Firstly, run and open the Canon IJ Printer Assistant Tool.
In printer – Maintenance > Maintenance and preferences.
In windows – Start > All Programs > Canon Utilities > IJ Printer Assistant Tool.
- After that, choose the Auto Power option.
- Lastly, click on Disable tab. This option is for Auto Power Off > OK.
From the Operation Panel
In case, you don’t find the above methods or steps reliable for your system, then use your Canon printer to change the settings:
- Make sure that the Canon model is powered on.
- Nextly, in the operation panel, press the setup button.
- After that, use <<or>> (left or right button) and stay on ECO settings > OK.
- You need to repeat this, use the same tabs and choose Energy SaveSettings> OK.
- Nextly, press <<or>> to choose Auto power off> OK.
- Lastly, use the same tab to reach on OFF option. Choose OFF > OK.
The above-mentioned settings changes should prevent your Canon printer from turning off unexpectedly: but, if there’s any other problem, you must check your printer in the nearby Canon service center.