Your Canon PIXMA MG2522 has stopped functioning or is not responding when you issue commands. Consequently, an obsolete Canon MG2522 driver is probably to blame.
Not to fear, updating your Canon printer drivers will quickly and easily resolve a defective, out-of-date, troublesome, and corrupt driver.
Simple instructions for updating the Canon PIXMA MG2522 drivers for Windows 10/11 are provided in this post.
What driver is needed for PIXMA MG2522?
Finding the installation media that came with the product and consulting the product’s handbook are the best ways to handle this.
But make sure the Pinter driver you download is compatible with the OS you’re using.
How can I get the Canon MG2522 driver and install it?
1. Download the driver
- First of all, go to Canon PIXMA MG2522’s official website.
- Save the installation package to your downloads folder or another location of your choosing after downloading it.
- You’ll need the installation setup file on your hard drive for the extraction procedure, so save it there.
2. Installation Process
- Select Control Panel by clicking the Start button on your computer.
- Locate Hardware and Sound and click on it.
- Then, select Devices and Printers.
- Select Add a Local Printer by clicking Add a Printer.
- Choose a port after selecting the option to Use an existing port. There are approximately three USB connection ports (NOTE:
- Please choose the one that corresponds to the make and model of your printer.
- Choose a printer driver.
- Select the brand name of your printer in the left pane.
- Next, from the right pane, choose the precise printer model number, and then click the Next button.
- You can browse the extracted driver’s.inf file and choose Have disc if you can’t locate the model number for your printer in the list.
- After that, select the Browse button.
- Select drivers after going to the location where you removed the drivers.
- Open the INF file.
- Click on open after choosing the driver.inf file with the name Autorun.inf (the INF file name may be different).
- To access drivers, select Install from the disc and then click OK.
- In the following window, click Replace the Current Driver after making your selection.
- In the following window, select the Do not share printer checkbox.
- Finally, click Finish after selecting the Set Your Printer As Default checkbox.
Are Windows 10 and Windows 11 compatible with the Canon MG2522 printer?
Both Windows 10 and Windows 11 printer driver are compatible with the Canon PIXMA MG2522 printer model. Not only that, but it is also appropriate for OS systems running Windows 8, 8.1, 7, 7 SP1, and Vista SP2.
You can follow the detailed instructions to download and install the Canon MG2522 driver in Windows 10 or 11.
Also available here is a comprehensive explanation of what to do if your Canon printer won’t scan under Windows 10 or 11. In the comments section below, please let us know which solution worked for you.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
Your computer may face more serious Windows issues if the following suggestions haven’t resolved your problem. To quickly take care of problems, we advise using this PC Repair application (ranked Great on TrustPilot.com). Simply select Repair All after clicking Start Scan after installation.