First of all, Is your Canon printer showing an offline status rather than online? It is not something new to have encountered by you as this is a common problem many customers have reported earlier. On the other hand, it can be gotten rid of, getting your Canon printer back to the online status when it is online.
There are several tricks you can prefer taking to get your printer on track. The ways to deal with the problem have been discussed ahead.
Canon Printer is Offline: Fixing Techniques
Uncovering the reason and eliminating the cause of this problem will need you to take the steps given below.
Check the Printer Spooler Service
To check and restart your Canon printer’s spooler service, you need to follow the guide given below:
- First of all, visit your system’s Start menu and type services in the search icon.
- After that, click on the Services menu, which you found as a search result.
- Nextly, scroll down via the list, right-click on the Print Spooler option in the list, and choose Restart. If the Restart option appears disabled or greyed, click on Start instead.
- After that, right-click on Print Spooler once again and choose Properties.
- In the following step, set the startup type to Automatic and click on the OK button to save changes.
- Finally, restart your PC and do a test print to check if your printer is working the way it should.
Disable is Printer Offline Feature
To remove the Use printer Offline feature of your Canon printer, you will have to follow the guide given below.
- Visit the Start menu and search for Control Panel, or find it there in the menu.
- Then, click to open the Control Panel. There, click on Hardware and Sound and next on Devices and Printers.
- After that, navigate your Canon Printer from the available devices on your screen. Right-click on your Canon printer and select See what’s printing.
- On the following screen, click on the printer and check if the Use Printer Offline option is unchecked. If it’s checked, tap on it to uncheck it.
- Nextly, click on the Printer option again and after that, choose Cancel All Documents.
- Lastly, attempt a test print of a document to check if your printer has started working.
Reinstall your Printer Driver
The Canon printer offline status problem may have been created due to an outdated or corrupt Canon printer driver. If this is the situation, you can try updating your printer driver.
You can update your printer driver using the guide given below:
- Firstly, open the Run dialog by pressing a shortcut Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Then, type devmgmt.msc in the given search field and click on Enter.
- After that, a Device Manager window will open up on your screen.
- Here, you should open a context menu by double-clicking your Canon printer driver on your PC.
- Afterward, click on the Driver tab, and click on the Update Driver option.
- Then, it will start the newest driver to download taking some time for the process to finish.
- When the update process is complete, you need to restart your computer and then try out a test print to check if the printer starts printing the document correctly or not.
You can also download a consistent driver for your printer from a reliable driver updater tool for your PC. The tool will automatically scan your system to check whether there is any out-of-date or broken printer driver. And, then will download the newest printer driver available.