On Windows 11, are you getting a printer driver is not available error? Your printer drivers are either missing, inoperable, or simply not performing as expected, which is the plain message.
If this occurs, there is typically a very obvious explanation. A new driver might not work with your printer if you just updated your PC. Your printer might not be able to function correctly if a driver is completely absent.
There are several ways to resolve this error notice; a simple restart may do the trick. However, if it doesn’t, you can try some trickier troubleshooting advice.
Check Windows update
Maintaining system updates is crucial to making sure your PC gets the most recent security, stability, and usability patches, which ought to go without saying. Microsoft may have a patch for the Canon printer error if it’s being caused by a serious Windows fault.
Make use of the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open Settings and manually check for Windows updates. Open Settings and select Windows Update > Check for updates. Then, install any updates that are suggested.
Close any crucial apps first because your PC could restart to finish the upgrade procedure.
Update Your Printer Driver
Most printer drivers include significant feature updates and bug fixes. Your Windows 11 computer may be showing a printer driver is unavailable notice if you’re using an outdated driver.
Fortunately, you can rapidly check for driver updates; nevertheless, you’ll need to download the most recent driver from the support page of the printer manufacturer. You can find this by performing a fast Google search for the printer’s brand and model.
When your download is complete. Then follow the steps below:-
- To open the Run dialogue, press the Windows key and R on your keyboard.
- Type devmgmt.msc into Run, then click OK.
- Expand the Printers section in Device Manager, then right-click the printer and choose Update driver.
- Select Browse my computer for drivers when the Update nd install Drivers process appears, then follow the on-screen prompts to install the driver you downloaded.
- If it still doesn’t work, restart the upgrade wizard and select Search automatically for drivers this time. If the wizard discovers a driver update, follow its instructions.
If you are unable to choose your printer driver files, the manufacturer of your printer may provide them with an automatic installer (usually with a .exe file extension). Run the file if that’s the case; the new driver should install itself.
Uninstall Your Printer Driver
Unfortunately, if you’ve upgraded your driver recently, the Solve printer driver is an unavailable issue can show up. Not all printer drivers are compatible or bug-free. Furthermore, it’s likely that your present driver needs to be replaced because it has become corrupt.
If this occurs, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver to see if it helps. Use the procedures below to delete and then reinstall a printer driver on Windows 11:-
- Select the top result after typing “device management” into the Start button.
- Expand the Printers area in Device Manager after it has opened, then right-click your device and choose Uninstall device from the menu.
- Check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device” when the confirmation window pops up, then click “Uninstall”.
- Apply the modifications by restarting Windows 11, the proper driver should automatically reinstall during startup.
Run the Printer Troubleshooter
Windows 11 comes with built-in troubleshooters for many different types of hardware, including a printer.
Follow these instructions to launch the printer troubleshooter in Windows 11:
- Open Settings by selecting Start.
- Select Settings from the menu and then select System > Troubleshoot.
- Click Other troubleshooters under Options.
- Select the Run button next to the Printer choice after locating it.
- The printer troubleshooter will start scanning for issues and make an automatic attempt to fix them.
Better Printing on Windows
One of the solutions mentioned above should help if your Windows 11 computer is displaying a printer driver is an unavailable problem. Normally, updating or reinstalling the printer’s current driver will get it up and running ij-ijstartcanon.
It’s also important to remember that if your printer is plug-and-play, you may restart the setup procedure by unplugging the USB cable and then plugging it back in. Try a new port or use Windows 11’s USB troubleshooting if it doesn’t work.
Look into setting up a printer on Windows 10 if you aren’t currently on Windows 11. If more than one PC is utilizing a printer, you can also share it.