In case, you are the owner of the Canon Pixma MX492 printer, you may have come over a printer not printing problem lately, shown below are the measures curated to solve such a problem to let you use your printer the way you want it to.
Possible Problems with the Canon Pixma Mx492 Printer
The cause for the printer not printing problem may be either the printer’s inability to get detected or the detected printer unresponsive. To fix the printer completely, and get to know about the exact problem in your printer, you should try out all the available fixing ways.
Below are the effective techniques to rule out the flickering error in your Canon Pixma MX492 Printer.
Detect Your Canon Printer
The initial thing for you to make your printer work back like it typically does is to confirm your device is detectible. To detect, you need your device to switch on, including your Canon Pixma MX492 Printer. Make sure to check if all the wires have been plugged appropriately in, and all the connections set up suitably. After arranging these things, you can now move forward with the detection of devices using the steps given below.
Your computer/laptop and printer must be connected by the same wireless networks. To do so, follow the guide given below:
- Firstly, visit the Start menu and click to open Settings.
- After that, in the Settings menu, click to open Network & Internet.
- Then, in the Network & Internet settings, you will notice that you are in the Status tab. This will uncover the progress in your network. This network status will let you know if your devices are connected to the same network or not.
If this option doesn’t work, you can try the printer sharing option. Using the printer sharing needs you to take the guide given below:
- First of all, come to the Change Your Network Settings and after that, click on Sharing Options. This will have to new screen opened up.
- In the following steps, On reaching the Advanced Sharing Settings, get into the Guest or Public option and open the File and Printer Sharing option underneath.
- Next, click on Turn On File and Printer Sharing, and click to save changes. If you still do not see any improvement, continue with the procedure.
- After that, you have to check whether the device and the router have been connected to the same network. For this, switch off and disconnect the printer and the router from the power socket and turn it on again.
Allocate your printer to the correct port by using the process shown below:
- First of all, visit Windows Settings and click to open Devices.
- After that, in Devices, choose Printers & Scanners in the left pane.
- Then, below Printers & Scanners, search and tap on your printer.
- Nextly, on Windows 10, you will look for the options mentioned as Open queue, Manage, Remove device and click on Manage.
- In the following screen, below Manage your device, and tap on Printer Properties.
- Then, you will see a Printer Properties window opens up on your screen. Visit the Ports option, and then look into the available list of ports to search for the correct port. In the situation of a wireless printer, the port is possibly available with the name LAN followers by a number.
- Lastly, you need to check the box against your printer port and click on Apply button.
Enable Your Canon Pixma to Respond
Your printer may not be responding because of the connection default but because of some other problems. To check this, you may prefer to take the methods mentioned below:
Check the connections of your computer and router. Suppose your printer is properly connected to the router and you are still facing a response barrier, sometimes it can be the situation where the PC itself may not have been connected to a network and router. Cross-check the connection and reconnect to make it happen.
Check for the Signal Strength
In a situation of the low signal of your printer, you will have no response from your printer. It will not get any order and will result in no print. You can increase its signal strength by shifting the printer a bit closer to a router.
- Initially, to check the signal level, turn on your Canon Pixma printer with the paper tray having loaded with plenty of papers.
- Nextly, visit the Menu and tap on Setup. Then, click to select Device Settings and then press OK.
- After that, on LAN Settings, press OK to ensure LAN Settings and the Print LAN information. Then, you will need print output with the printer’s configuration in it.
- Lastly, you will notice the signal levels in the list mentioned in the form of a percentage. In case you find the percentage low, then shift your printer close to the router.
The firewall protection of your computer may not be including the printer. As a result, you will have to structure the Firewall settings to let in the printer’s signal in the Firewall. For doing this you need to follow the below given:
- Initially, visit the Windows Settings and open Update & Security.
- After that, open Windows Security from the left side pane of the settings and choose to open Windows Security from the right window pane.
- Nextly, click the Firewall & Network protection option.
- Scroll and look in the list and click on Allow an App Through Firewall. It will open up a new window on your screen.
- In the following window, click on the Change Settings button. While finding your printer on the list, click on Allow Another app.
- Lastly, to Add an App window opens up. Search through the list to find your printer and add it to the list.
The methods mentioned above should effectively get you through the problem of your Canon Pixma MX492 Printer Not Printing issue.