The tool that changes the connection of the Canon printer from one network to another is known as the Network Utility tool. If you want to check the connectivity of your Canon printer with other devices, then the Network utility tool helps to check where the connection of your Canon printer is set up. And if your printer is reset, then the Network utility tools can connect the printer with other or new devices.
To find a new network or reset the Canon printer, the Network utility tool is available. The Network utility tool is also known as the network modifier of your printer. The installation of the Network utility tool that is driver or software is when you unbox and set up the Canon printer with LAN network WiFi. For the LAN connection, you have to get a LAN network router. Following is more information about Installing the Network utility tool and Running the tool;
What is the actual function or use of the IJ Network tool?
The Network utility tool of Canon is the tool that is available in the printer or the device to which you are coming to connect the Canon printer. The Canon Network utility or IJ network tool connects the Canon printer with other devices when the new printer is set up. Or it is in use when the Canon printer is reset. The tool is not available from the base and is installed from the main website or the official website of Canon.
Now the Canon printers are wireless. So to connect them with other devices, one must have the LAN WiFi network router. And then next thing it will require is the Network utility tool Canon itself. With these two needs, one cannot set up the printer wirelessly with other devices like Computer, laptop, or Mac. The function of the tool is to join the Canon printer with a new network if the printer is reset or new.
Things to do while using IJ Network Utility Tool:-
Before or while using the IJ Network utility tool, one mst consider some points. The things to do while using the Canon Network tool are below;
- If performing any print function, you must avoid using the IJ Network tool.
- Stop or take the printing and then go for the Network utility tool.
- Before using the Network utility tool, one must remember that they should connect the Canon printer to the WiFi LAN network first and then use the tool.
- If there is a LAN connection problem, the user must check the LAN WiFi cable and the cuts on the cable.
- If there are cuts on the WiFi cable, change it first and then use the connection.
- Now next thing to do is when you get any warning from the security application of your device, and then you have to give access or permission to the tool to use the secure software.
- The user can switch the account when the printer is in connection. But when the user switches the account, the user needs to come out of the software and switch the account.
How to download the IJ Network Utility tool software?
The IJ network software or application is not available on the device. One has to download it from the official website of Canon. Following are the steps to download the IJ Network UtilityTool;
- Now go to the browser of your device.
- In the browser, search for Canon’s official website, usa.canon.com/support.
- Now the support page will open.
- There you will see the Download option.
- Click on it.
- Now downloading will begin.
- The Setup downloading will be in the Downloads folder of your device.
- That’s it; downloading od IJ Network tool is successful.
How to Install the IJ Network Utility Tool Software?
After downloading the driver or software of the IJ network tool, the next step is to launch or install it on Windows or Mac devices. Follow the steps below to install or launch the IJ Network Utility driver or software for Windows and Mac;
- Now go to the Downloads of the browser or device.
- There you will find the driver or software setup.
- Double-click on the Setup.
- If you are a Windows user, then Run the software.
- And if you are a Mac user, then enter the ID and Password of your Mac.
- And launch and install the software or driver of the Canon Network utility tool.
- Now follow the remaining steps shown on the screen and move further for installation.
- That’s it; installing the IJ Network Utility tool is successful.
How to Launch or Find IJ Network tool on Mac?
After downloading the software of the Ij network tool, the installing is necessary. And after installing the tool, running it on your device is also necessary. Following are the steps to launch or provide access to the Network utility tool on Mac;
- Now go to the desktop Mac and click on the Finder.
- In the Finder, you will get the Go option or menu.
- From the Go menu, click on the Applications option.
- There in the list of applications, you will see the Canon Utility folder.
- Open the Canon utility folder from there.
- Now, click on the IJ Network Tool option in the Canon utility folder.
- And the select the Software icon.
- That’s it, and it will access the software on Mac.
How to access the IJ Network utility tool on Windows?
For Windows devices, it is easy to access the IJ Network Utility tool. Following is the process to get access to the IJ Network utility tool on Windows;
- Open the Windows device.
- There click on the Start option.
- Then go for the All Programs option.
- After that, select Canon Network Utility from the list.
- From the Canon, Network Utility folder, select IJ Network Tool.
- Or directly search the software from the start menu itself.
- That’s it.
Steps for Configuration of IJ Network Tool:-
Follow the steps below to configure the IJ network utility tool;
- Check the LAN connection first.
- Then modify the router.
- Then go for wire connection between printer and device.
- Now open the IJ Network utility tool from the device.
- Then searching for the connection will start.
- Now click on the Setup option.
- Then click on the OK option.
- On the next screen, also select the OK option and the Canon USB type.
- That’s it; the IJ Network, Utility tool configuration, is successful.