The following article could be a lifesaver for your Canon printer as we will discuss the essential precautions. If you have set up or not set up your new or older Canon printer model, these measures and caution will always be helpful for the long life of your machine. Users, who have not set up their Canon printer yet, should complete the setup first.
Canon Printer Setup Process (Brief Details)
- Firstly, unbox your new canon machine. In case, the machine is older, clean it to prepare for setup.
- Secondly, supply power to your printer by connecting the power cord and outlet switch.
- After that, turn on the Canon machine and configure the first screen by selecting the language, region, etc.
- Then, depending on your printer machine type, wireless or wired, use WiFi or USB cable to connect to the user device.
- If you have a CD, then insert and follow the instructions to install it on a PC. Alternatively, go to the manufacturing site, i.e., canon.com/ijsetup or https ij.start.cannon, and install drivers on your system.
- You will need to follow the connection guide on your screen to connect your Canon printer and PC.
- Lastly, follow the remaining on-screen guide to finish the setup.
Read Our Another Article:- Click Here
Safety Precautions For Canon Printer
You get a manual with your Canon printer, and there are details on how to use the machine. Alternatively, it may result in electric shock, fire, and sudden accidents. Moreover, the Safety standard marks can help with the restricted voltages and frequencies. Apart from these precautions, there are some other Warnings and Cautions that you should know.
Don’t Use the Canon Printer When These Cases Are Occurring. Unplug and Repair.
- Any liquids or metal objects split.
- An irregular noise from the machine.
- Smoke or any weird odors emit.
- Broken or bent power cord or problem in the plug.
What to do? Stop your Canon printer and disconnect all the connections from the PC and machine. In addition, request the canon support team to fix it.
Follow the given points to stop electric shock, printer’s internal damage, and fire:
- Keep the machine far from burnable solvents.
- Set up the power cord correctly and plug it into specific frequencies.
- Make sure you are using only those power cables you received with the printer, and don’t try to plug or connect these cables with any other machine.
- Ensure that your hands are dry when setting up the power cord.
- Also, do not twist, tie, bundle, pull or bend it highly. These kinds of activities can damage or break the power cord.
- Connecting a lot of power cords to one electrical outlet may result in different problems.
- In lightning storm weather, it’s best to disconnect the Canon printer to save from unnecessary shock.
- In printer cleaning, always disconnect the power cord, unplug the cables, and make sure not to use any flammable spray to clean the printer.
- Also, each month, disconnect the power cord and check if it’s not bent, scratched, overheating, split, scratched, or damaged.
Canon printers also emit a magnetic flux, which makes it feel strange to those with cardiac pacemakers.
What else should you consider with the Canon printer?
Some cautions are essential to let you know, i.e.,
- Don’t touch the printer unnecessarily while printing.
- Carry your Canon machine by holding the printer from the sides when you move the Canon machine.
- Make sure you use the ink carefully.
- Just after printing, avoid touching the metal parts or print head.
- Do not put extreme pressure when placing large objects.
Keeping the above points in mind, you can avoid many Canon printer problems. But, if you experience any issue related to fire, damage, or any other physical fault, contact Canon support directly or take the machine to a nearby Canon service center.